You are hereBack to top
Notes on Insects (Paperback)
(Sales for this book are final. This book cannot be returned.)
***PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING***
The images in this notebook are *meant* to be 'stippled' and printed lightly, so as to be easily altered to be made like a particular species.
The light, grey, stippled insects are *intentional* and not a defect.
This special 6"x9" edition has been published by Living Book Press in association with HearthRoom Press.
Originally published in the early 1900's, Anna Comstock intended that the pupil would use these notebooks, with their teacher- and alongside her Handbook of Nature Study, to create their very own field guides by observing local flora and fauna.
This book, Notes on Insects, was written by educator and author James George Needham and contains forms for the pupil to use in the field, to aid in observation and identification.
Also available in this series:
- Notes on Common Animals
- Notes on Plants & Flowers
- Notes on Composite Flowers
- Notes on Fishes
- Notes on Birds 1 & 2
- Notes on Trees
This book is best suited for:
- Homeschool students using Handbook of Nature Study or The Thornton Burgess nature lore books.
- Nature study enthusiasts who enjoy keeping a nature journal.
- Those interested in the Charlotte Mason method of education.
- Classrooms with teachers familiar with Anna Comstock's method.
Would also make a wonderful gift for students, budding entomologists, and naturalists of all ages